The Global Health Emerging Leaders Program is an innovative program that aims to deliver global health learning and leadership development to future generations of leaders in health, especially in developing countries. It is run by Global Health Focus (GHF) in collaboration with partners in different parts of the world.
Over the past eight years, we have successfully graduated approximately 5,000 students and young professionals from 30 countries across Asia, Africa, and Europe.
Global health encompasses the health of populations in a global context, and it is influenced by factors such as globalization, international travel, and technological advancements.
The program addresses the challenges posed by infectious and non-communicable diseases, with a particular focus on regions like Sub-Saharan Africa that face the double burden of disease.
By equipping participants with knowledge and skills, we aim to empower them to tackle these complex health challenges head-on.
Our program takes a multi-faceted approach, ensuring participants gain a holistic understanding of the determinants of health, from individual to global levels.
Our dynamic team of experienced professionals and academics deliver an engaging curriculum that covers a wide range of topics, including theories, policy, practice, development, health economics, global politics, human rights, climate, and gender.
Beyond global health knowledge, our program also focuses on leadership development, nurturing responsive, value-driven, and empathic leaders capable of addressing the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Global Health Emerging Leaders Program aims to:
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of global health theories and concepts.
- Explore the social, political, and economic determinants of health disparities.
- Equip participants with tools to understand and address global health inequities.
- Prepare participants for a career in global health, offering valuable skills and insights.
- Foster critical thinking among future leaders and practitioners of public and global health.
- Develop leadership skills and inspire participants to play an active role in shaping a better global health landscape.
Our program welcomes students and early to mid-career healthcare professionals who demonstrate a passion for public and global health.
Whether you have limited or extensive experience in the field, our program is designed to cater to a diverse range of participants, including health professionals and non-health professionals interested in public/global health and development.
By participating in the Global Health Emerging Leaders Program, you can expect the following deliverables:
- Certificate: Obtain a highly sought-after certificate demonstrating your knowledge in global health, showcasing your commitment to self-development and improving your skills.
- Network: Connect and network with individuals from various universities, workplaces, disciplines, and the humanitarian sector. This opportunity to meet and engage with like-minded individuals will be instrumental in advancing your global health career.
- Mentorship: Benefit from the mentorship provided by the course director, principal lecturer, and GHF staff. Previous participants have greatly benefited from this mentorship, which covers areas such as research, career development, leadership, and life skills.
- Skills: Gain essential skills such as critical thinking, public speaking, teamworking, leadership, career management, and interpersonal skills through a variety of activities, including case presentations, oral and poster presentations, group work, and exercises.
- Transformation: Undergo a transformative experience where personal stories, value-driven leadership development activities, and self-discovery inspire and motivate you to become a changemaker. Leave the program with a renewed ideology, desire, and passion to contribute to building a healthier and more equitable world.
Graduates from our program have gone on to become influential leaders in policy and practice at local, national, and global levels.
Many have received recognition as young leaders in global health, while others have engaged in research projects focused on reducing inequities and improving health outcomes worldwide.
Join the Global Health Emerging Leaders Program and embark on a journey of knowledge, skill development, and personal growth. Together, let’s build a healthier, more equitable world for all.