The Global Health Care Leaders Program (GHLP) is a multi-modular global program that aims to bring together the most important topics defining the future of health care industry for the leaders who will lead the charge. Faculty from Harvard Medical School, as well as other leading industry experts, will provide insights to enable participants to craft ambitious solutions and shape health care globally. This article describes the objectives, format, and benefits of the program, which is open for applications until August 31, 2023.
Health care is undergoing a profound transformation driven by technological innovations, demographic shifts, environmental challenges, and social changes. The COVID-19 pandemic has further exposed the strengths and weaknesses of health systems around the world, and highlighted the need for more resilient, equitable, and sustainable models of care.
To navigate this complex and dynamic landscape, health care leaders need to develop new skills and competencies that will enable them to anticipate trends, identify opportunities, and implement solutions that will benefit their organizations and society at large.
The Global Health Care Leaders Program (GHLP) is designed to meet this need. It is a unique learning opportunity that will equip participants with the knowledge, tools, and network to become effective and visionary leaders in the health care sector.
The GHLP has four main objectives:
- To provide participants with a comprehensive overview of the current and emerging issues and challenges facing the global health care industry
- To expose participants to cutting-edge research and best practices from Harvard Medical School and other leading institutions and experts in the field
- To foster critical thinking and problem-solving skills that will enable participants to design and implement innovative and impactful solutions for their organizations and communities
- To create a diverse and dynamic network of peers and mentors that will support participants in their personal and professional growth
The GHLP consists of four modules that span over 12 months. Each module covers a specific theme that is relevant and timely for the global health care industry. The modules are:
- Module 1: The Future of Health Care Delivery (October 2023)
- Module 2: The Future of Health Care Innovation (January 2024)
- Module 3: The Future of Health Care Policy (April 2024)
- Module 4: The Future of Health Care Leadership (July 2024)
Each module consists of three components:
- Online sessions: Participants will engage in live online sessions with faculty and guest speakers, as well as interactive discussions and group work with peers. The online sessions will take place over two weeks, with a total of 20 hours of synchronous learning.
- In-person immersion: Participants will travel to a different location for each module, where they will visit leading health care organizations and institutions, meet with local stakeholders and experts, and participate in experiential learning activities. The in-person immersion will take place over one week, with a total of 40 hours of face-to-face learning.
- Capstone project: Participants will work in teams on a capstone project that will address a real-world health care challenge or opportunity. The project will be guided by faculty mentors and industry advisors, and will be presented at the end of the program.
The GHLP offers several benefits for participants who are looking to advance their careers and impact in the health care sector. Some of these benefits are:
- Access to world-class faculty and experts from Harvard Medical School and other leading institutions
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences from peers from different countries, sectors, and backgrounds
- Opportunity to learn from best practices and case studies from various health care settings
- Development of practical skills and competencies that can be applied immediately in their work
- Creation of a lifelong network of support and collaboration with fellow participants, faculty, mentors, and alumni
The GHLP is open for applications until August 31, 2023. The program is aimed at senior-level professionals who have at least 10 years of experience in the health care sector or related fields. The program is also open to high-potential individuals who aspire to become leaders in the health care sector.
The application process consists of three steps:
- Online application: Applicants need to fill out an online application form and submit their CV, a personal statement, and two letters of recommendation.
- Interview: Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online interview with the program director and faculty.
- Admission: Selected applicants will be notified of their admission and will need to confirm their participation and pay the program fee.
The program fee is US$ 25,000, which covers tuition, course materials, accommodation, meals, and local transportation for the in-person immersion. The program fee does not cover travel expenses, visa fees, or personal expenses.
The program offers a limited number of scholarships for applicants from low- and middle-income countries, as well as applicants from underrepresented groups. Applicants who wish to apply for a scholarship need to indicate their interest and provide additional information in their online application.
For more information about the program and the application process, please visit the GHLP website or contact the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Global Health Care Leaders Program (GHLP) is a multi-modular global program that aims to bring together the most important topics defining the future of health care industry for the leaders who will lead the charge. Faculty from Harvard Medical School, as well as other leading industry experts, will provide insights to enable participants to craft ambitious solutions and shape health care globally.
The program is open for applications until August 31, 2023. If you are interested in joining this program, do not miss this opportunity to learn from the best, network with peers, and make a difference in health care. Apply now and become a global health care leader!